Smoke Alarms, Cans & Test Kits
MEGAFire offer a range of smoke cans and professional detector testing equipment.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services recommends the following smoke alarm maintenance routine:
- Testing once per month to ensure the battery and the alarm sounder are operating
- Replacing batteries annually, where appropriate mains powered smoke alarms have back-up batteries Check your smoke alarm for a build-up of dust and cobwebs and clean with a vacuum cleaner at least every six months
- Vacuum with a soft brush attachment around the smoke alarm vents
- Use a surface insect spray around the smoke alarm to prevent insects nesting inside
- Smoke alarms should never be painted
- Always refer to the manufacturer’s guide when selecting batteries and following testing procedures
Test equipment must be proven to be safe for the engineer and the system, it needs to be cost-effective, versatile, portable, approved by detector manufacturers and in compliance with international codes and standards.