- Fire Rating
- 2 Hours
- Single Units
- Size (Thread/OD)
- Approvals : AS1530.4
- Box Quantity : 1
- Fire Rating : 2 Hour
- Single Units : Yes
- Size (Thread/OD) : 200mm
- Product Information
- 2 hours fire rating to AS 1530.4
- Fast and simple installation
- Cost effective
- Installed from below or above the ceiling
- No electrician required
- Excellent thermal and acoustic properties
With today’s rigorous standards in fire safety for residential and commercial buildings, we offer the perfect solution for maintaining the integrity of Fire Rated ceiling when using downlights.
Traditionally, the installation of downlights means the ceiling’s fire rating would be compromised, and the previous options that exist to maintain the fire rating have been less than satisfactory. Many products on the market are known as ‘heat resistant’ which is not a compliant Fire Rated solution, or are approved only to foreign codes such as British Standard.
We now offer an effective and low - cost solution, specifically for downlights, that is approved for up to 2 - hours Fire Rating. The Fire Rated Downlight Cover is an intumescent hood that is installed on top of the downlight to provide 2hr protection to the ceiling.
- Superior 2 - hour s rating, testing by CSIRO to AS1530 Part 4
- Provides excellent thermal and acoustic insulation
- Reduces risk of fire by separating combustible material from the hot downlight
- Simple installation , can be fitted in minutes. No drilling or screwing required
- Lightweight and flexible, it can be fitted from above or below ceiling
- Suitable for plasterboard, concrete or suspended ceilings
- Ventilated to reduce heat build up
- Cost effective
- Remove the Downlight from the ceiling and disconnect the power from the globe via the fly wire.
- Feed the wiring loom or fly wire through the hole at the top of the Downlight Cover, so the cable hangs into the inside of the Downlight Cover cone.
- Insert the wire frame over the top of the cover and insert its wire legs through the holes in the side of the cover.
- Roll the Downlight Cover tightly to fit back through the Downlight’s cut - out in the ceiling, with the wire legs protruding through the ceiling. Peg the wire return underneath the ceiling. Cut off any excess wire with snips or wire cutters.
- Reconnect the globe and fit as normal with the transformer outside of the Downlight Cover.